Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day last weekend.
For this week’s post, I’d like to talk about creative dates for couples. I mean creative in the sense of cheap or free. :-) I’ll share some things my husband and I do that costs very little other than time and maybe a little gas money.
1. Play a board or card game for 2. We are currently on a Catan kick. :-)
2. Go for a walk around your neighborhood.
3. Spend time praying together for others or your church, pastors and your small group leaders if you’re in a church that does that. If you are the pastor or leaders, spend time praying together for those God has entrusted to you.
4. Visit a local public pond or lake and feed the ducks or geese safe food for them.
5. Go to the mall and window shop together. Feed each other ice cream cones, french fries or cookies in the food court. :)
6. Stroll through a beach looking for shells.
7. Watch a show you both enjoy.
8. Do a couples devotion or share your favorite Bible verses/discuss what God’s doing in you right now.
9. Hold hands while you watch your kids play instruments or ball or other activity.
10. Dance to “your” song in your living room. Dim the lights. :)
11. Give each other a back rub.
12. Cuddle on the couch and eat popcorn while having a Netflix marathon or other television series.
13. Go to the park and swing together.
14. Enjoy a sport together-frisbee, fly a kite, toss a softball, etc.
15. Organize/declutter a cabinet together and smooch in between each item you stack or toss out.
Okay, some of those are silly and I’m grasping at straws here. Help me out. :-)
I’d LOVE to hear from you. What are some ideas you have for creative (cheap or free) dates?
Share in the comment section. :-)