Happy Friday, everyone! I’m super excited to share about my new book that just released on July 2nd. Book four of my Spark Brothers series, At First Spark, features our most tenderhearted brother. I thought I’d introduce firefighter Darren Spark to you by playing a game of 20 questions with him. So, let’s get started …
Me: Hi Darren, thanks for joining our InspyRomance blog today.
Darren: Hi there, thanks for having me. I’ve heard good things about you all from my brother, Brandon.
Me: That’s right. Brandon did a guest takeover on this blog before. Today’s format is going to be a little more relaxed and fun. I’ll be asking you 20 random questions. Just answer with the first thing that comes to mind. Ready?
Darren: (nods) As ready as I’ll ever be.
1. What’s your favorite burger? (licks lips) A double cheeseburger with onion rings and bacon.
2. What was your favorite age growing up? Fifteen. That’s when I grew taller than all of my brothers.
3. Would you say you’re more of an extrovert or an introvert? Definitely an introvert.
4. What activity instantly calms you? Praying. Works every time.
5. If time wasn’t an issue and you had forever to master a skill, what skill would you master? Learning how to speak Mandarin.
6. Who are you the closest to in your family, and why? That’s a hard one. The five of us brothers are all pretty close. The closest would probably be my brother, Colin, since we live together. He drives me nuts sometimes with his messiness, but he’s got a great heart.
7. If you could own a mythical creature, which one would you pick? (smiles) That’s easy. A fire-breathing dragon.
8. Cake or Pie? Definitely pie. Dutch Apple with the crumbly sugar topping. My mom makes it the best.
9. Football or basketball? Football.
10. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? Fire safety. Or rock climbing.
11. What’s your “back in my day, we…”? We used to talk on the phone instead of text. There was no chance of texting the wrong person by accident!
12. What are three interesting facts about you? I’m double-jointed, I’m good at braiding hair, and I can run 1.5 miles in 10 minutes.
13. What chance encounter changed your life forever? Meeting Danica at her bookstore when my crew and I were called there to help one of her customers. (smiles) That was one of the best days of my life.
14. What do you wish your brain was better at doing? Reading.
15. Car or plane? Car. I like driving.
16. What are you really good at, but kind of embarrassed that you are good at it? (blushes) Burping the alphabet. My dad taught me how to do it when I was eight.
17. What was the last major goal you accomplished? (raises eyebrows) Sorry, I’ll have to pass on this one. You can read At First Spark (and pay attention to the epilogue) to find out though!
18. What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard? (groans) Oh man, okay, here’s one I heard on my brother, Evan’s, TV show: “I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?”
19. What’s your favorite song right now? Baby Shark. It’s kind of catchy, don’t you think?
20. What’s the funniest place you’ve ever fallen asleep? At the bathroom sink when I was brushing my teeth. True story—you can ask Danica. (winces) I probably shouldn’t have said that last bit.
Me: It’s all right! We’ll just call that a spoiler alert. LOL. Thanks so much for playing along, Darren. That was fun.
Darren: My pleasure. I hope everyone will check out my story, so you can meet Danica. She’s amazing. (grins) I think you’ll love her as much as I do.
Do you have a question for Darren? Please ask in the comments below and I’ll get him to answer you!
Giveaway: I’d like to give away two digital copies of At First Spark. Two winners will be randomly chosen from the comments below. The giveaway will remain open until midnight on Monday, July 8th.
You can also grab At First Spark for only 99¢ now through the 9th!
He’s a tender-hearted firefighter who’s been burned by love. She’s an optimistic bookstore owner determined to heal his heart. Little do they know how much sacrifice it will take for them to be together.
Firefighter Darren Spark doesn’t think twice about risking it all when it comes to his job, but he’s not about to put his heart on the line for love. He’s accepted the fact that no woman will want him when he can’t promise them a future …until he meets the one who challenges that belief.
Abandoned as a baby, Danica Reed longs to fill in the missing pieces of her past with a family of her own. She’s more than ready to get married and have kids, but she wonders why the perfect man—who’s just as into her and wants the same things—keeps taking one step forward in their relationship, then two steps back.
Darren won’t let himself hope for more; Danica won’t settle for less. But there’s one obstacle they can’t seem to overcome. Will the spark that drew them to each other be enough to keep their love burning or will their short-lived romance go down in flames?