Hello Inspy Romance readers! I’m Liwen, and this is my first post on this amazing blog! Lindi Peterson invited me as a guest back in February of this year and I was so touched by how welcoming and supportive all of you were. I’m thrilled to join this community and look forward to getting to know each one of you better.
I thought I’d introduce myself by sharing 7 fun facts:
- I was an only child until the age of 10 when God answered my prayers for a sibling. My sister brought so much joy to our family as soon as she arrived and I’m so thankful for her. Due to our age difference, I did get mistaken for her mom a couple of times when we were younger!
- My family moved to another city when I was twelve. As you can imagine, changing schools in the middle of seventh grade was quite challenging for an introverted teen. I’ll admit I hated it and thought the move was the end of my life. ;) I’m so thankful God brought some good lifelong friends my way soon after.
- The first year I was at college, I went home every weekend due to homesickness. Once I got plugged into a great fellowship, however, I hardly went home. My college experience was, without a doubt, the best time of my life.
- My hubby and I met at church when we were 25 and 23 respectively. We found out later on that we had crossed paths about a decade earlier at a church retreat. A friend of ours showed us the group photo we took the final day of the retreat and there we were, standing five feet from each other!
- I’ve loved reading and writing for as long as I can remember. Becoming an author, however, was nowhere on my to-do list until my late thirties. I started out by publishing a children’s book that I had written in high school, then decided to write my own love story in fictional form.
- Some other jobs I’ve had included working as a Human Resources Rep at a biotech company, a receptionist at a crisis pregnancy center, and a therapist at a recovery home for teens.
- Nowadays, being an inspirational and sweet romance author is my second job; my first is being a chauffeur and referee (aka. a stay at home mom) to my two munchkins. I’m happy to say my son has inherited my love of reading, and my daughter, my love of writing.
I’d love to share two projects I’ve been working on. The first is Fall Into Romance, a boxed set of small-town romances that fellow Inspy Romance author Melanie Snitker is a part of, too. Please note, the ten novellas in this set are NOT Christian/inspirational, but they are sweet and clean. This set is available for only 99 cents (please click the image for the buy link).
The second project is a Christian romance boxed set that will be releasing November 7th! Fellow Inspy Romance author Ginger Solomon is part of the set, too. You can pre-order your copy for only 99 cents! Please click the image for the buy link.
My story from Winter’s Kiss is Tropical Kiss and Tell. It features characters from two other stories of mine, Lucy Choi from Drawn to You and Micah Chan from Tropical Kiss or Miss. Lucy and Micah were just children in those books, but now they are all grown up and finding their own happily-ever-after.
Here’s the blurb:
Micah Chan has loved Lucy Choi ever since they were kids, but life—and some regretful decisions—stopped him from pursuing her. Now he has a choice to make: Let her marry another man or break up her engagement to make this Christmas the most memorable one of their lives.
My Christian romance series, Taking Chances, is all about taking a chance on love. What have you taken a chance on in your life? Please comment below and let me know! Feel free to also include a fun fact about yourself. I can’t wait to read your answers!
Giveaway: I’d like to give away one digital copy of a book from my Taking Chances series (winner’s choice). One winner will be randomly chosen from the comments below. The giveaway will remain open until midnight on Sunday, October 15th.