There was a trend going around social media for a while where people would try to convince you to read a book based on one quote. If you think about it, this is quite a task to accomplish. There’s only so much that you can convey about a story with a couple of lines. Not only do you need to catch a person’s immediate attention, you also need to arouse their curiosity to know more. And all this needs to be done without the help of a book cover or a blurb.
I thought this would be a fun challenge to try with our Inspy Romance readers. So, here are five quotes from five of my books that I’d like to share with you.
- Love Pact with the Hero: “Please don’t come over tonight because seeing you again would make me wish the crazy idea of our marriage pact was real.”
- Joined at the Hip: “I liked that I made her laugh. I also hate that I cared.”
- At First Spark: “Darren Spark never imagined that one person could make him feel so happy and sad all at the same time.”
- Romanced by the Hero: “There would be no further fraternizing with the tour guide. No matter how much she enjoyed the sound of his smooth and warm-as-butter-on-pancakes voice.”
- Tropical Kiss and Tell: “Being with you is like watching the sun set. You know what’s going to happen and you don’t expect anything new because you’ve seen it before, but it still surprises you with its beauty.”
Now, please be honest. Was I able to convince you to read a book based on one of the quotes above? If so, which one and why?
I’d also love for you to take a crack at this trend and convince me and the rest of the readers here to read a CCR book based on one quote. Leave it in the comments, along with the title. I look forward to reading them!