I know I’ve been doing a lot of cover reveals recently, but I’ve got another one. This is for the entire Resort to Love book set available on Kindle Unlimited.
The five-book set includes my debut novel as well as the book made into a movie, so I’m kinda partial to it, but I understand if you’d rather read about something new. Thus, I give you, five surprises in the life of this romance writer.
1. Christian music artist Cindy Morgan shared a pic that includes my latest romantic comedy, Husband Auditions. I grew up listening to Cindy Morgan, so I’m a little giddy over this unexpected photo. (She wrote the book next to mine.)
2. While at a writing retreat, I was mailed a copy of Trisha Goyer’s latest book, Before You Meet Your Future Husband. I didn’t order it, and I didn’t know she was sending it, so both my husband and I were surprised. Yes, it’s beautiful, but I had a little explaining to do.
3. While rooming at the retreat with author friend Katy Lee, she received the cover of her next book, and it included the ice castle that the two of us visited when I was in Utah earlier this year. I hadn’t remembered that our visit to the ice castle had been for research, so this is a super cool surprise.
4. I got in trouble on Facebook for threatening to kill a character. I’m not a murderer, though I could probably come up with a whole book plot surrounding this silly misunderstanding.
5. I found a bookstore in Savannah that had a typewriter where everyone could type a note to leave on the wall! Some of them were more surprising than others. I stuck with the tried and true. (Click here if the video below doesn’t work.)
It’s been an exciting month already, and I’m looking forward to more plot twists in my literary life.
What about you? Have you had any bookish surprises lately?