Here are 5 facts that you may or may not know about one of our favorite topics—books.
- There are around 130 million books published.
- The world’s best selling book (at around 5 billion copies!) is the Bible.
- Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press in 1440.
- The act of smelling books is called bibliosmia.
- There’s a Japanese word tsundoku that means “to let reading materials pile up in one’s home and never read them”.
And here are 5 facts about one of our favorite activities—reading.
- Reading is more effective at relieving stress than listening to music or drinking a cup of tea or coffee.
- Reading makes you more empathetic by helping you see the world through another person’s perspective.
- Reading helps expand your vocabulary and improve your writing skills.
- Reading involves a complex network of circuits and signals in the brain and can help strengthen those networks.
- Reading before bed can help you sleep.
Did any of these facts surprise you? Comment below and let me know!
Giveaway: I’d like to give away a $5 Amazon gift card (since we’re all about the number 5 today). One winner will be randomly chosen from the comments below. The giveaway will remain open until midnight on Monday, November 15th.