I had a lot of fun writing a “Friday Five” blog post last September, so I thought I’d do something similar since today’s post also happens to fall on a Friday. So, welcome to my “Friday Favorites” post!
I’ll be sharing my favorite things for the following five categories.
1) My favorite book this year: It’s hard for me to relax and read when I have deadlines to meet, but I’ll definitely make the time when one of my favorite authors has a new book out. Jenn Faulk is one of them, and boy, does she write meaningful and inspiring CCR! My favorite CCR book that I read this year is one of hers. I wholeheartedly recommend Meant To Be. This story made me swoon, cry, and want to read slower just so I could make the book last longer.
2) My favorite sweet snack: I love the combination of chocolate and nuts, so I was super happy to find Candy Coated Chocolate Peanuts at Trader Joe’s. This is my go-to snack for my late night chocolate cravings.
3) My (current) favorite Bible passage that I’ve been holding onto this year as my family has been going through some ups and downs with my hubby’s work situation:
Psalm 121 (NIV)
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
4) My favorite summertime activity with my kids: I can be quite a workaholic, but when it comes to summertime, I do my best to put on my “mom hat” during the day and leave the work for after my family goes to bed. My favorite activity to do with my kids while they’re on summer vacation involves two words: being present. Whether we’re swimming, going to the trampoline park, taking a walk around the neighborhood, or watching a movie, I remind myself to focus and enjoy our time together. As a mom of a teenager and a pre-teen, I’m becoming more aware of how fast my kids are growing and how precious these moments are.
5) My (new) favorite tug-at-my-heartstrings song: Tori Kelly’s new song, “Sorry Would Go A Long Way“, is one of those songs that makes you pause and reflect. The title alone says so much. And the heartfelt way Tori sings it hits you right in the gut. The lyrics are such a good reminder to not take the ones you love for granted. This is one of the songs I’ve been listening to as I write An Extra Spark, the fifth book in my Spark Brothers series. Thanks to a lot of late nights, I’m halfway through the story and hope to finish it in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait for you to meet Evan Spark and his love, Emma Dearan. These two have a lot of obstacles to overcome to reach their happy ever after, but I promise it’ll all be worth it.
What are your Friday Favorites? Please pick a category (or two or all five) and tell me what your favorites are. I look forward to reading your answers!