I got a chance to sit down with the characters from my upcoming release and do a Q&A session with them! I thought this would be a good (and fun!) way to introduce you to Josephine and Jack Gilbert from Second Chance with the Hero. We’ll start with Josephine, and have Jack ask her these 8 questions that I randomly found on the internet. ;)
- Who was your first crush, and what was he like? You, of course! Wait, I take that back. It was actually Henry Winkler. I really loved how he commanded the room as The Fonz. But you were my first real crush. You were, and still are, the kindest man I know, and the sexiest, too, much sexier than The Fonz.
- (smiles) I appreciate that. What’s something you used to believe about relationships but no longer do? That they couldn’t be mended once they were broken. But God has sure proven me wrong.
- Amen to that! What do you think is your best quality? That I do my best to listen to others and support them.
- You do that so well. What’s one of my best qualities? That’s easy. Your heart. I know that’s not a quality per se, but it’s the way that you care for people and how you seek after God that makes it the best.
- Thank you, dear. Here’s a good one. When did you first want to kiss me? When we played Spin the Bottle in ninth grade at Jan’s house. I hated the idea of you kissing any of the girls there. Good thing Jan’s mom stopped the game before any kissing happened.
- I never knew that. I wouldn’t have wanted to kiss anyone but you, too. Now, what’s your favorite thing about our relationship? That we can be ourselves with each other.
- What was the first moment in your life that made you realize you were old? (laughing) It was when I had to take a photo of a vitamin bottle so I could read the ingredients on the label. Talk about a humbling moment!
- At least you know I’ll always be a few months older than you! Last question, if you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself something, what would you say? I would have told myself to be nicer to you and your date at Jess’s wedding! And to have faith that everything would eventually work out between us and to trust in the Lord’s perfect timing.
Amen to that, Josephine! :)
I hope you enjoyed getting to know Josephine and Jack better through this Q&A! If any of her answers made you curious about their story, you can check out the blurb for Second Chance with the Hero and preorder your copy HERE. Release day will be October 12th!
And please stay tuned for part 2 of this Husband and Wife Q&A! If you have a question you’d like Josephine to ask Jack, please comment below and I’ll relay your suggestion to her. Thanks!