Hi Inspy Romancers! We’re diving into part two of our Q & A session with the characters from my newest release, Second Chance with the Hero. Last month we had Jack Gilbert interview his wife Josephine (if you missed that post, you can catch up on it HERE). Today, the tables are turned and Jack is in the hot seat. By the way, Josephine thanks those of you who submitted questions for this interview and helped her get the ball rolling! Let’s get started…
- RuthieH suggested asking you this question, Jack, which I think is a fun one. She would like to know what you think your worst habit is, and if I agree with you. My worst habit? I like how Ruthie assumes I have more than one bad habit. (laughs) She’s right though. I’ll be the first to admit I have several bad habits. I like to squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube, which I know drives you crazy, Joey. But the worst one is probably when I leave empty containers in the fridge and in the cabinets. I’m trying to be better about that.
- That’s really not so bad, dear. To be honest, it was one of the things I missed about you when we were apart. But I do appreciate you trying. (smiles) This next question is from Ausjenny. She wants to know, if I were an ice cream flavor, which one would I be and why? Now this is my kind of question. My sweet tooth thanks you, Jenny. Let’s see… I would have to say apple pie. The flavor reminds me of spending time with family during the holidays and also the comforts of home. Josephine has given me both—a family and a home, and I am forever grateful to the Lord and to her for that.
- (reaches for Jack’s hand and gives it a squeeze) Thank you, Jack. I am, too. All right, we’re moving on now to the questions Liwen found for us. Would you rather be the funniest or smartest person in the room? Definitely the funniest. Humor is great in all situations, especially the difficult ones. I enjoy being able to encourage someone by making them laugh.
- Laughter is great medicine. What is your favorite time of the day and why? I used to say the morning because I would have a full day of work ahead of me to keep my mind occupied and not think about the past. These days I enjoy the evenings because I get to spend them with you.
- (smiles) I feel the same way. What skill do you think everyone should have? I feel as a medic, my go-to answer would have to be CPR. It’s such an important skill that every person should learn whether or not they’re in the medical field. You never know when you might need it to save someone’s life, whether at work or at school or even on an airplane. God can use you anywhere at any time.
- That’s certainly true. What were the three most important turning points in your life? Wow, what a question. Just three? The first would be when I accepted the Lord as my Savior when I was a young boy. I didn’t understand everything fully at the time, but God planted a seed in my heart and was faithful to water and grow it over the years. The second would be when I met you. You were like a ray of sunshine during a time of my life that was very challenging. Being with you makes everything better. And the third turning point was when I repented and came back to the Lord and to you after all these years. That last one took a while to get to, but I’m so glad I finally turned around.
- (wipes a tear away and nods) So am I, Jack. I’m glad I came around, too. What is your favorite item you’ve bought this year? That would have to be the ring I got you, dear. But I won’t say too much so I don’t spoil anything for our readers who haven’t read our story yet.
- That’s a great segue to the last question—why should readers read our story? Because it’a great story, if I do say so myself. Not because of anything that you and I did, but because of God’s mercy and grace. He took what was broken and hopeless and breathed new life into it—into us. I think readers will enjoy reading about that and also seeing a lot of the familiar faces in Freedom.
I think so, too, Jack! :) A big thanks to Jack and Josephine for taking time out to spend with us. I hope you enjoyed getting to know them better through their interviews. Their book, Second Chance with the Hero, released earlier this month and is now available in Kindle Unlimited. You can check it out HERE.
Do you enjoy second chance romances? Are there any real life couples you know of who gave their marriage a second chance? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!