First some business. Last month I offered a giveaway of a PDF version of either One Choice or Sweet Freedom a la Mode to one lucky commenter during the week. The winner is:
Congratulations. Please e-mail me at prizes at inspyromance dot com within the next week telling me your choice.
Each Wednesday on my blog, I feature an author who has a recent release. This week’s author, Ane Mulligan, posted about Finding Mr. Right. It inspired me, so I wanted to talk a bit about keeping Mr. Right. :)
What do you do when you’ve found your Mr. Right?
- Treat him with respect. Many things can signify respect, but I think the number one thing is always praising him in front of others. Do not, under any circumstances, bash him when you’re with your friends. If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all. If you must vent, find ONE friend who can be trusted to keep her mouth shut and will give you good, Biblical advice.
- Make yourself available to him. *blush* As busy women, we are typically tired by the end of the day. I know I am. However, I know MY husband thrives on our alone time, and our overall house runs better when he’s happy in this area.
- Don’t assume he means something if he didn’t come right out and say it. Yep, we are great conclusion jumpers. Men don’t typically say things they don’t mean, though they may hedge a bit about that new dress or hairstyle. LOL
- Don’t go to bed angry. For one, you won’t sleep well (speaking from experience here). Secondly, the Bible tells us not to. (Eph. 4:26)
- Smile, kiss him on his way out, or on his way in, or find some other way to show him you care. I try to get up every morning (and I do more often than not) and fix my hubby’s breakfast and lunch. It doesn’t take much time, but it helps him not to be rushed in the morning.
- Learn what his love language is. You can find out more about those here or here. I have not looked extensively at either site, so reader beware.
Now it’s your turn. I know there are more ways to show our husbands that he’s our knight in shining armor. What do you do that shows your hubby how special he is?