Most authors have newsletters these days. Let’s talk about why you should sign up.
- There’s usually a free book or giveaway involved for signing up.
- Newsletters usually include exclusive info only available to subscribers.
- Authors get more personal in newsletters.
- All that personal and exclusive contact is addicting.
- They’re usually encouraging and uplifting.
- If you’re passionate about books, you’ll love getting the inside scoop.
Now, let’s talk about a few things you should know before you subscribe.
- You don’t always automatically get the latest edition of the newsletter when you subscribe. If not, the next time the author sends out a newsletter, you’ll get it.
- If there’s a free e-book offer, just for signing up, it should immediately land in your inbox. If it doesn’t, find the contact form and let the author know.
- If you’re interested in past newsletters, there’s usually a place on the author’s website, where you can access past or archived newsletters. If not, find the contact form on the website and ask the author if they can send you past newsletters.
- If you find you don’t enjoy the newsletter, you can easily unsubscribe. (But you miss out on a lot of good stuff and free books).
- If you enjoy the newsletter, reach out to the author and let them know. We love feedback from readers.
So now that I’ve convinced you newsletters rock, here’s a list of Inspy authors who shared some newsletter info with me:
Liwen Ho: I send mine out 2 – 3 times a month. I include an exclusive subsciber giveaway once a month and also book recommendations, sales/new release info, and personal updates. Subscribe to Liwen’s Newsletter
Jan Thompson: I write personal updates and book news. I do giveaways and give out free ebooks on occasion. Mostly I talk about my books. Subscribe to Jan’s Newsletter Ask for free books: JanThompson.com/ask-free and JanThompson.com/time-free
Carolyn Miller: I include personal and writing updates, pics, book recommendations, giveaways and promotions. Subscribe to Carolyn’s Newsletter
Narelle Atkins: I send my newsletter monthly and include personal updates, links to book recommendations on my blog, and I include a paperback giveaway. I also offer a free gift (ebook novella) to my newsletter subscribers. Subscribe to Narelle’s Newsletter
Elizabeth Maddrey: Mine goes out the first and third Tuesdays of the month. I have book info (sales, preorders, new releases), special sales just for subscribers sometimes, what I’m writing, and little bits about life at home. Subscribe to Elizabeth’s Newsletter
Toni Shiloh: I send one out on the first weekday of the month. Brand new newsletter recipients get a free short story. I always have a giveaway for newsletter subscribers and share any recommended reads or what’s up in my writing world. Occasionally I do a 2nd newsletter for sales. Subscribe to Toni’s Newsletter
Tara Grace Ericson: I send weekly newsletters. For signing up, subscribers get two short novelettes and a full-length audiobook. I share biblical encouragement; book news/sales; life updates, and books readers might like. Subscribe to Tara’s Newsletter
Sarah Monzon: I send newsletters when I have news. I should probably start sending on a more regular basis. I do have a free novella subscribers recieve upon signing up. Subscribe to Sarah’s Newsletter
Merrillee Whren: I usually have news about upcoming releases, personal info, a scripture, information on bargain books from other authors, and a giveaway. I send my newsletter once a month. Subscribe to Merrillee’s Newsletter
Valerie Comer: My newsletter goes out every other week and includes any sales and promotions I have going on, occasional book recommendations, a writing update, and a personal update. And I love getting replies! Subscribe to Valerie’s Newsletter
Some of our Inspy Authors weren’t able to get their info to me about their newsletters in time for this post. All inspy author newsletters are listed under the book tab. Here’s the link: Inspy Romance Author Newsletters
So, are you subscribed to any author newsletters? How many? What are some favorite features? If you’re not signed up for any, why? Answer any or all questions to get in the drawing for a print copy of A Texas Bond, US and international. Deadline: Sept 20th.
Also, don’t forget about our Back to School Bash