Happy Victoria Day Weekend! (also titled, Happy Sunday from Canada!)
Victoria Day falls on the third Monday of May and is celebrated in Canada and Scotland. Not in England, I hear, even though it honors Queen Victoria, who was born May 24, 1819. Why on earth does Canada celebrate Victoria and not the birthday of the current monarch, Elizabeth II? Apparently because Victoria was queen when Canada became a nation. She was the one who chose the city of Ottawa to be the capital city of Canada.
This weekend is often known as May Long — as in, what are you doing on May Long? — since it is the long weekend in May, with Monday being a national holiday, and it kicks off summer (even though our kids will be in school for another month). In a lot of parts of the country, it signifies the weekend to get the garden planted, since the danger of nighttime frost is now over. Hey, Canada’s a big country. Some parts have been frostfree for months, while others still aren’t. But here (southeastern BC) it’s definitely the Goal Weekend for getting the garden in! If it would stop raining long enough, it’s on our weekend plans, too.
There. More than you wanted to know about Canada!
Winners this Week
If you’re a winner, you should have received an email from the author in charge of the giveaway. If not, please email us at: prizes at inspyromance dot com.
Merrillee Whren’s winner is Lelia (Lucy) Reynolds!
Marion Ueckermann’s winners are Wemble, Jessica B and Janet Estridge!
Melanie D Snitker’s winner is Cassandra Meyers!
Toni Shiloh’s winner is Christina Riggs!
Lindi Peterson’s winner is Stacey!
Don’t forget… every comment you make qualifies you to win one of the monthly Amazon card giveaways!
Specials this Week
Did you know Inspy Romance hosts a Christian Romance Reader Gathering group on Facebook? Join us… but don’t forget to answer the questions for admittance!
Last Week on Inspy Romance
On Monday, Toni Shiloh offered a glimpse into a maple way of life… plus #giveaway.
On Tuesday, Shannon Taylor Vannatter told us about sharing a book!
On Wednesday, Laurie Larsen asked, is a wedding the end of the romance?… plus #giveaway
On Thursday, Hallee Bridgeman shared a character interview with the grooms.
On Friday, Elizabeth Maddrey discussed female friendships and romance novel expectations.
On Saturday, Valerie Comer asked: convenient, or not so much?
Next Week on Inspy Romance
Monday: Deb Kastner (The Empty Nest)
Tuesday: Mary Manners (Secrets and the Writing Journey)
Wednesday: Jaycee Weaver
Thursday: Autumn Macarthur
Friday: Staci Stallings (Creativity on Demand)
Saturday: Sally Bayless (Tied up with a bow… plus #giveaway)
• Cherish Me (A Chapel Cove Romance 3) by Autumn Macarthur
• Starting Anew (Life Unexpected 3) by Melanie D. Snitker
• My Wayfaring Billionaire (Grimwood Legacy 3) by Jackie Castle
• Tender Wishes and Butterfly Kisses (Honeysuckle Cove 8) by Mary Manners
• The Texan’s Secret Daughter (Cowboys of Diamondback Ranch) by Jolene Navarro
• Only Together (The Imagination Series 5) by Staci Stallings
• The Art of Rivers (A Coastal Hearts Novel) by Janet W. Ferguson
• Risking Love (Maple Run 4) by Toni Shiloh
• The Cowboy’s Convenient Marriage (Montana Ranches Christian Romance 4) by Valerie Comer
• Homecoming Blessings (Dalton Brothers 3) by Merrillee Whren
• Hope for Christmas (Hope Ranch 1) by Elizabeth Maddrey
• At First Spark (The Spark Brothers 4) by Liwen Y. Ho
A complete list of Inspy Romance books by our authors is always available on our BOOKS tab. Find our audiobooks, our permanently free e-books, and our thank-you gifts for newsletter subscribers there as well!