Hello Inspy Romance Readers! It’s an honor to share my first post on this amazing blog, and I’m thrilled to be writing alongside so many gifted authors! Special thanks to Valerie Comer for extending the invite. I long forward to getting to know all of you better!
To introduce myself, I’m sharing Ten of my Favorite Things, in no particular order. Then in the comments below, I’d love to know your favorite things too!
- Family! First, my husband, Marvin. As of August, we’ve been married 30 years! I’m blessed to have a spouse who gets me and who supports this crazy writing career. Second, our three kids—or make that, adults—Sarah, Bryan, and Brandon. We’re grateful to have three talented, God-loving kids who still enjoy spending time with us. Parents and in-laws. My mom is now singing in the heavenly choir, but Dad’s keeping busy, usually catching a fish or two, and being my unofficial publicist. As for my in-laws, not to brag, but I do have the best, most supportive in-laws around. And finally, siblings. Six of them, to be exact. Then there are a host of sibling-in-laws and nieces and nephews… Needless to say, family get-togethers are always a full and fun event!
- Writing. Guess you figured that out already. 😊 What you might not know is that I enjoy writing stories about God’s broken people and how He works in their lives. My first series (Coming Home Series) would be classified as family drama with a dose of romance, and my Where the Heart Is series are lighter romance stories.
- Music! I love singing and going to concerts of all kinds. Contemporary Christian, orchestral, concert choirs. And I absolutely love musical theater. In the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, we’re blessed to have a seemingly-endless supply of music and theater.
- Baseball. I’m a huge Minnesota Twins fan. Thirty years ago, my husband and I had tickets to the World Series where we watched the Twins beat the St. Louis Cardinals. Then four years later, we again had tickets as our team bested the Atlanta Braves in seven games. That game seven was probably my favorite game ever.
- Reading. As a writer, that’s pretty much a given. While I gravitate toward contemporary works, I’ll read most anything. Historical. Speculative. Literary. Classics. They’re all good.
- Movies. The place where I can often relax the best is at a movie theater. No phones are ringing. No one’s hollering “Mom.” The house isn’t begging to be cleaned. The computer isn’t insisting I sit down and write. I can relax and lose myself for two-plus hours. And if the movie is a Marvel movie, all the better!
- The North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota (see picture above). That’s my happy place, the place where the beauty is breathtaking and God’s voice is so clear, I take every opportunity I can to go visit. When my husband retires, we don’t plan to move south. Rather, we’re moving north. (And yes, I love the cold, so that’s not an issue.)
- Chocolate. I know, that pretty much goes without saying, but I am rather snooty about the chocolates I prefer. I will go out of my way for Fannie May chocolates—and I have to go a loooong way because the closest store is 300 miles away. Then there are Lindt chocolates. Fortunately—or unfortunately!—we have an outlet within thirty miles.
- Cats. I grew up on a dairy farm, so we always had lots of cats. But then I married into a family of cat haters. Fast forward a few years into our marriage, and my husband surprised me with a trip to the Humane Society where a teeny-tiny tortoiseshell kitten mewed at me. Needless to say, I was smitten and Pepper came home with us. She was part of our family for fifteen years. Now we have a sassy calico names Kisses who claims her spot as Queen of the House.
- Jesus! He gave His life for us even though we’re all broken and messy and selfish … I can’t fathom that kind of love. All I can do is love Him back.
Now I’d love to get to know you, too! What are some of your favorite things?
Giveaway Details ~
My latest release, Planting Hope, a Where the Heart I romance #3, came out a few weeks ago. To celebrate, I’m giving away (1) autographed paperback copy to a US resident. International readers would win an ebook copy. Contest ends November 2, 2017 at midnight MST. To enter, answer this question in the comments below:
What are some of your favorite things?
About Planting Hope ~
When flowers and chocolate collide,
romance is sure to bloom!
Family has always been the one constant in Jess Beaumont’s messy life, so when her parents separate, she puts “Operation: Planting Hope” into action. All she has to do is recreate the circumstances that helped her parents fall in love. Unfortunately, that includes the daunting task of restoring the family cabin’s gardens. When the handsome candy store owner shows up to help, she’s certain she has all the elements required for her parents’ love to bloom again. After all, flowers and chocolate are the perfect ingredients for romance.
Luke Harrison has spent his life trying to win his father’s approval, and a promotion in the family land development business would be a step in that direction. But when he inherits Gran’s candy store, his dreams of being promoted start melting away. Then his dad dangles a Vice President position in front of Luke, with one caveat—acquire the land on both sides of Gran’s store within five months, including the Beaumont cabin, and the promotion is his.
What at first seemed a simple challenge for Luke becomes a tangled mess. Buying the Beaumont cabin and land will nip his blossoming romance with Jess in the bud. Even worse, it could end her parents’ marriage. But if he doesn’t succeed, he could be trading in his corner office for the corner candy store.
Planting Hope is available at the following retailers ~
New Subscribers to my e-newsletter will receive a FREE e-copy of Risking Love, book #1 in my Where the Heart Is series. To subscribe, go here: http://eepurl.com/M0ZZr.