I should be writing. Seriously writing! I’ve another Christmas story deadline looming (about to whizz right past me). What am I doing instead? Procrastinating!
Oh yes…and this.
I’ve used up valuable writing time preparing that promo video showcasing my books. I hope you enjoyed it. I certainly loved creating it, although I got little sleep the night I started working on the video. Nevertheless, it was fun to create (at least for the first of more than half a dozen edits, anyway).
In my video you ‘met’ the heroes and heroines of my romances, though you may have met some of my heroes on previous blogs. Today I thought I’d introduce both heroes and heroines a little further with a short ‘who they are’, ‘what they do’, and ‘how they met’ (and no, none of them follow any of the career choices in my title. Book 2 of my Seven Suitors for Seven Sisters series, A Romance for Rose, comes close with both hero and heroine in the clothing design business—but that story’s still to be written…after the one I should be writing).
I love finding interesting careers for my characters, and I’m sure you’ll agree that some are a little out of the ordinary. I’m listing them as they appeared in the video.
1. HELSINKI SUNRISE
- Adam Carter: South African missionary.
- Eveliina Mikkola: Finnish 3D Visual Effects Artist.
- They meet under unusual circumstances at Eveliina’s family summer cottage on the outskirts of Helsinki, Finland.
2. OSLO OVERTURES
- Kyle Sheppard: Professional wingsuiter from New Zealand.
- Anjelica Joergensen: Norwegian wingsuiter.
- They meet in Oslo, Norway at an attempt to break the Guinness World Record in formation flying.
3. GLASGOW GRACE
- Callum McGuire: I’m afraid you’ll need to read the story to find out what he is, and isn’t. For now I’ll just let on that he is a musician in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Skye Hunter: An opera singer from Sydney, Australia.
- These childhood sweethearts haven’t seen each other in sixteen years. They meet again in their hometown of Glasgow.
4. ORPHANED HEARTS
- Simon Hartley: Zambian wildlife conservationist working with orphan elephants. He lives along the banks of the Zambezi River, a stone’s throw from the Victoria Falls.
- Lady Abigail Chadwick: Nursery school teacher from England who plans to spend a year in Africa teaching children at an orphanage.
- Simon and Abigail meet at Livingstone Airport in Zambia.
5. THE OTHER YOU
- Armand DeBois: Wine farmer in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Taylor Cassidy: Photojournalist working for a wine magazine in New York.
- Armand is shocked to meet her in his vineyards early one morning.
6. SPRING’S PROMISE
- Ryann Doyle: Blue collar worker employed by a shipbuilder in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Olivia O’Hare: She’s not only a medical doctor, she’s also the Mayor’s daughter.
- Ryann and Olivia first meet in a parking lot outside the hospital. The next time they see each other it’s under dire circumstances.
7-9. SEVEN SUITORS FOR SEVEN SISTERS SERIES: This series takes place in England.
7. BOOK 1 – A MATCH FOR MAGNOLIA
- Lord Davis Rathbone: An aristocrat (Baron) who runs his own Financial Investment company.
- Magnolia (Maggie) Blume: Jewelry designer/manufacturer extraordinaire (and jewelry store owner).
- They both live in the Lake District in Cumbia, about an hour apart in Keswick and Kendal
- They meet when Davis commissions Maggie, to create an exquisite ring for his mother.
8. BOOK 3 – A HERO FOR HEATHER
- Paxton Rathbone (PJ): Davis Rathbone’s wayward brother.
- Heather Blume: A social worker. She moves to Robin Hood’s Bay in North Yorkshire, England to live with her sister for a few months while she helps out at a homeless shelter.
- Heather meets PJ while he’s down and out on the streets.
9. BOOK 4 – A HUSBAND FOR HOLLY
- Christopher Stewart: An Anglican minister from Scotland who takes a position at a church in Robin Hood’s Bay, North Yorkshire.
- Holly Blume: The interior designer tasked to give Reverend Steward’s church office a make-over before he arrives.
- They meet very early one morning. I’ll say no more.
10. POLES APART
- Niklas Toivonen: Manages his own Lapland holiday cottages (when he’s not stepping in to help his father make children happy. He does look good in red.)
- Sarah Jones: Romance novelist from South Africa.
- They meet when Sarah decides to exchange her sunny African Christmas for a cold, snowy one on the other side of the world in the hopes of getting a Christmas novel on a deadline written for her publisher.
11. MELBOURNE MEMORIES
- Justin ‘The Phoenix’ Taylor Former: Former British rock star from London, England.
- Ella Anderson: Barista and coffee shop owner.
- They meet in Ella’s coffee shop, although Justin knew about her before he left England. In a hurry.
12. DANCING IN THE RAIN (short story)
- Noah Raines: A doctor.
- Mirabelle Kelly: Noah’s fiancée who frets over whether it will rain on her parade as they plan their summer wedding (in the middle of South Africa’s rainy season).
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive a FREE copy of Dancing in the Rain.
I fell in love with each of these characters as I wrote their stories. I hope you fall in love with them, too, when you read them. You’ll find them all on my Amazon author page.