According to the poll results, our typical Inspy Romance blog reader most likely discovered us via Facebook. They have been visiting Inspy Romance for more than one year, and they read the blog posts most days via a daily blog post email or a Facebook link. If they use social media, Facebook is their favorite platform and they probably follow us on Facebook and have joined, or are thinking about joining, our Christian Romance Reader Gathering Facebook Group. They prefer to chat and connect with us via the blog post comments or on Facebook in either Christian Romance Reader Gathering or our Facebook Page posts.
Does this snapshot of our typical reader sound like you?
Today we’re going to talk about the content of our Inspy Romance blog posts. We encourage our Inspy Romance authors to share posts that fit into a range of categories. The post categories can be searched on our blog page.
We all have different tastes and preferences, and it’s not easy to cater for everyone. Authors will talk about connecting with their ‘target audience of readers’ precisely because everyone is not going to like every book. What’s my reading pleasure could be your reading poison, or vice versa.
I personally love reading and writing book recommendations. Give me a review/recommendation over a book excerpt any day because I’m interested in knowing how the reader felt while reading the book. Was it a positive or negative reading experience? Did the book inspire and encourage them in their faith journey? Was it a light and entertaining escapist read or an emotionally-charged and heartfelt heavier read?
I also enjoy character interviews and behind the scenes peeks into the story. Those bonus extras can be intriguing and may inspire me to check out the book.
Real life posts from our Inspy Romance authors, where we gain an insight into both their triumphs and struggles, are posts I always like to read. I like seeing the wedding anniversary and family and vacation photos.
I like reading posts that transport me to a different part of the world where I can learn and experience new things. I also like discussion posts where relevant issues related to reading or writing inspy romance are raised by the author of the post. I enjoy the occasional guest blog post where we have an opportunity to discover and meet new authors and reconnect with visiting author friends.
My questions for you, our valued reader friends, are below. Please feel free to pick and choose which questions you’d prefer to answer in a blog post comment. Or, you can answer all of the questions. We value and appreciate your feedback.
- Ignoring giveaways in posts (which we all love!), what are your favorite types of posts?
- What type or style of posts would you like to see more of on our blog?
- Are there any particular types of posts that you don’t care for as a reader? Do you skim these posts, or ignore the posts, or set them aside to read later?
- If you answered yes to Question 3, is it because they’re not your favorite type of posts, or you’ve read too many of these posts lately, or is there another reason?
- Which types of posts are your favorite to comment on? Does the type or style of post influence your willingness to chat in the comments with both the author of the post and other readers?
- Our goal at Inspy Romance is to build a community of authors and readers who share a love for contemporary Christian romance books. Do you have any thoughts on how we are doing? Are there ways we could improve your experience and make you feel more like a valued member of our Inspy Romance community?